What We Offer - Benefits of Membership
If your organisation is in the Wellington area and is ‘not-for-profit’, if you involve volunteers (or would like to), and are committed to best practice in volunteer management – then your organisation will benefit from becoming a member of Volunteer Wellington.
Who can apply for membership?
Almost any non-profit organisation with a commitment to volunteering can apply to become a member of Volunteer Wellington.
For an organisation to be accepted for membership you must have reasonable volunteer programme policies, or be actively working towards creating and implementing such policies. Organisations applying for membership must also have in place a health and safety policy covering their volunteers, and must provide an orientation including a health and safety induction for all referred volunteers.
Volunteer Wellington membership gives access to…
- A volunteer recruitment and referral service both in person and online. You may list roles for as many volunteers as you need for the one annual registration fee.
- Advertisements for volunteers in local community papers, through social media, our website and elsewhere to widen the pool of volunteers referred to your organisation.
- An advice and consultancy service in all aspects of volunteering and the management of volunteers.
- Involvement in the Member Organisation Liaison Programme, where our representatives visit member organisations to help identify volunteering needs, provide on-site support and facilitate specialist assistance where appropriate.
- Training and networking opportunities for managers/leaders of volunteers – we inform you of seminars, forums and training programmes specifically for the voluntary sector through our newsletter, website, social media and email.
- Employee Volunteering (EV). Through the EV programme, Volunteer Wellington facilitates teams of employee volunteers to volunteer with community organisations. Assignments range from practical projects, e.g. painting or overhauling the gardens, to more business oriented tasks like designing a website, developing a marketing or publicity plan, etc.
- Bi-monthly newsletter ‘Connector’ keeping you up to date with the latest information, issues and events.
- Involvement in our Monthly Volunteering meetup at the Southern Cross where our members have the opportunity to promote their organisations and voluntary roles to a diverse range of volunteer seekers.
- Promotion of your voluntary roles to groups that Volunteer Wellington staff present to including universities, schools and service groups.